Hurt in a Motorcycle Accident?
Last year, there were over nine thousand motorcycle accidents in Texas – 459 were fatal. A motorcycle accident can have devastating personal, physical, and financial effects on its victim. A motorcyclist who is struck by a car or truck is likely to suffer serious injuries such as a back injury, brain injury, or spinal cord injury. Most motorcycle accidents are caused by careless drivers who simply do not see motorcycles until it is too late, especially during left turns.
Attorneys Who Know Motorcycles
You may find it easier to share your story with someone who knows the passion of riding. Attorney Dan Sciano has ridden motorcycles since he was 16 years old – so he knows firsthand the dangers that motorcyclists can face. Contact our office to schedule a consultation with Mr. Sciano in order to discuss ways to seek compensation following a motorcycle accident.
If You've Had a Motorcycle Accident
If you've been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to get started on the case within the first week, or important evidence and testimony may be lost.
After the accident:
- Seek medical attention immediately;
- Do not make any statements to the other driver(s) involved or their representatives;
- Speak to the police to make sure they have noted all injuries, major or minor;
- Get the names of witnesses, if possible;
- Photograph or document any injuries you have;
- Photograph damage to your vehicle, gear, and helmet;
- Collect and save your service records and records that show changes to your motorcycle;
- Contact us to discuss your case.
If you think you have a case, call (210) 225-3121 or contact us as soon as possible.