Hurt on a Dangerous Property?
In 2020, the number one cause of preventable injuries was falling. According to the National Safety Council over 6.8 million people were injured by falling; over 42,000 died. The great tragedy is that almost all of these injuries and deaths were preventable.
While falls account for the majority of accidents, there are many other ways for people to be hurt or killed while visiting or working on another party's property. Many happen in a place of business:
- Falling due to an unsafe environment, such as a spill or uneven floor.
- Improperly maintained or operated equipment.
- Unmarked or improperly secured hazards.
- Incorrectly stored or prepared food.
- Assault or worse due to negligent security.
Other accidents can happen in a neighbor's yard:
- Swimming Pool Accidents, including drowning.
- Dog Bite / Animal-Related Injuries.
- Improperly maintained or operated equipment such as firearms or electrical devices.
In all of these situations, property owners have a legal responsibility to protect the public from foreseeable dangers on their property. If you have suffered an injury while visiting, doing business or working on another party's property in Texas, you have the right to seek compensation for financial damages related to your medical costs, lost wages and earning potential, and pain and suffering.
Do You Have a Case?
For more than 40 years, the lawyers of Tinsman & Sciano have been helping people in the San Antonio area seek fair and just compensation for damages due to negligence or misconduct on the part of property owners. We have the experience to protect your rights and the resources to see your case through to a successful conclusion.
If you think you have a case, let us give you a free consultation, or you can learn more by choosing the link that best describes the area that involves your case